We’re going to shoot our video like a cooking show producer directs and produces their “how to” shows. So, if you’re thinking like a cooking show producer, You’re on the right track. We’ll be ready in no time!!!
It’s a simple recipe.
1. Plan the video. There will be two pieces needed to be shot. Stay tuned for the specifics.
2. Write a quick script-ish of what you want to show.
3. Shoot the main video (A Roll): It’s the explanation. Also, use a tripod on the recording device or make sure it stays as still as possible! USE A TRIPOD!
4. Shoot the close ups (based on the main video commentary).This is also known as B Roll. This is the second part that you will shoot, capture.
5. Using an editing tool like iMovie, you’re going to assemble the two clips together. A roll below, B roll on top.
6. Fix audio levels (between -10 – 0), add a music track in the background (make sure its at a much lower level than the speaking audio).
7. Add text, if needed.
8. Export, upload to the global stage.
9. Get a producer chair with your name in it.
Let’s watch how the completed movie looks like?
Let’s watch how this process looks like?
This process should help move the description and instructions much faster. It keeps the video interesting and it also provides the nessessary details needed to TELL your stories. Use this as a tool and guide to make your very own “cooking style” video.